Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

while on internet - scrolling is jumpy/choppy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kayhall

kayhall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Whenever we would boot our computer it would stop booting with the error message - Floppy Diskette seek failure - Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility. We don't have a floppy disk drive! So I would hit the F1 key. We kept doing this for quite awhile. Everything was working fine. Then one day when I hit the F1 key it didn't boot up. I got a blue screen telling me to shut computer down. Sometimes I could get on and other times I couldn't. My son decided to wipe the memory clean and start computer back to factory settings. We still get the same error message about the Floppy Diskette seek failure but it does continue boot up.

But now whenever i'm on the internet while using the scroll bar, down or up arrow keys it scrolls, but it's a choppy movement!!

If anyone can help me with this - I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks!

KayHall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

When this has happened to me (couple of times), uninstalling my video drivers and reinstalling has taken care of it.

Louis

#3 kayhall

kayhall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

Louis,

Thanks for the reply!! I will try that! Thanks!

Sherrie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users