Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pokapoka79...what The Heck Is It And How Do I Get Rid Of It..or Should I...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 compchallenged

compchallenged

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:43 PM

Ok, my name says it all so bear with me. My pc keeps saying "illegal action blah blah blah..." from the program "pokapoka79"...now Ive tried to find it in my programs, but its not there. I also tried doing what someone suggested about going to start_run_msconfig_startup and unchecking pokapoka...but now, i have 2 of them there....help please!

//Mod edit: Moved from Windows 95/98*Grinler forum to the more appropriate.

Edited by KoanYorel, 02 November 2005 - 02:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Couch Potato

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:47 PM

Check out Bleeping Computer Startup Programs Database. I believe it also has instructions on how to remove.

#3 compchallenged

compchallenged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:56 PM

Check out Bleeping Computer Startup Programs Database. I believe it also has instructions on how to remove.

thanks couch..ill give that a try....wish me luck..lol

#4 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:31 PM

From the message you are getting, it sounds like you have an infection that can only be removed by a special removal tool. The tool is used by our HJT team in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

You should probably post a HiJackthis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Before you do, please read the instructions in the How to submit a Hijackthis Log

Please be patient while a member of the HJT team has a chance to analysis your log.

It may take several attempts until your log is clean.

Good-luck.

:thumbsup:
JC

#5 compchallenged

compchallenged
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:56 PM

JC..ok ill give that a try...not sure i know what im doing, but ill give it a whirl....

#6 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 03:16 PM

Great. If you follow the steps that I linked in the post above, you shouldn't have a problem. If you do have a problem with the steps provided, let us know.

Take care,

:thumbsup:
JC

#7 Alpha_Blue

Alpha_Blue

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

Pokapoka signifies an Elitum infection which can be fixed with Miekiemos's LQFix.bat. Do not try to fix this on your own, however. Just post a log in the section Joshua refered you to and the experts will take care of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users