Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook Failing to Load

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mkewavefan97

mkewavefan97

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

I use Microsoft Outlook for business and personal email accounts and whenever I double click on the desktop shortcut I get an error message that reads:

"The Add-in "avastd! 4" (C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashOutXt.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If there is no update available, please uninstall the add-in."

I click ok.

Then another error message pops up and says

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot Open the Outlook Window."

I recently had help with this and others in an HP forum, say that I need to reinstall outlook again, is this the case or is there something wrong with outlook.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:06 PM

Try updating to the latest version of Outlook Express.

Or... just go to another e-mail client like Thunderbird. You can import all of your information for OE.

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Typically...when Office or any application included...has problems, uninstatlling then reinstalling seems to solve many.

Another alternative would be to check that version of MS Office and see if there is an SP issued which addresses the issue you encountered.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users