Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

corruption WDFLDR.SYS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ljnutx

ljnutx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hi,

I have a Dell inspiron netbook that i bought about 8 months ago. When I turn it on I get a message that windows did not start successfully, and when I choose 'start windows normally' I get the loading logo but it is then followed by a blank screen. If I enter safe mode it stops at a driver called WDFLDR.SYS I don't have any disks for the computer and have no idea how to sort it out. Does any one no how to help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

I don't have a solution...but I wanted to say that the driver where it appears to stop...usually is a red herring in regard to what the problem might be. If an error message says that the driver is a problem...that's one thing. Just having the process of trying to load Windows stop at what is seen loading...well that could be meaningful, but it's not necessarily meaningful.

Seems that you only have the options installed by Dell...those which allow restoring to factory settings.

Have you looked at your appropriate Dell support page for possible answers?

Louis

#3 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

Do you have another machine you can put the drive in?

Or, using a live cd such as Knoppix or Ubuntu, retrieve the contents of "C:\Windows\Minidump" and use a removable device such as a flash drive to trasnfer the files to another computer, zip up the most recent 5 or so and post it as an attachment here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users