Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i have a problem so difficult there is no aanswer on the internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 shaunjohn007

shaunjohn007

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:52 AM

i have a dual boot win 7/ubuntu os running. i was partitioniing a drive and when i rebooted i got grub error which is linux but no way to boof to 7 (apologies for typpos using phone)i have a mac aswell and have 7 and ubuntu as isos on there. i cant get into system restore or safe mode. i made a ultimate boot disk from tthe mac. but that did little...i have an aspire4370z.....any suggestions would be completely appreciatted also when i get to boot manager it says status 0xc000000e

Edited by shaunjohn007, 24 August 2010 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

I'd run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic on the entire drive...before expending any more time trying to solve the puzzle.

Then...I'd read the following, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...de-35065ac38575.

Louis

#3 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

After you run your hard drive diagnostics, and if it turns out ok, try booting into your Ubuntu live CD, if you are able to do that, then you can reinstall Grub from the Live CD.

Which version of Ubuntu are you running? I can probably help you re-install Grub if you get to that point.
If all goes ok, and you are able to reinstall Grub, then you can access all your other OS's from there.

#4 shaunjohn007

shaunjohn007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

at this point i am trying to make a bootable dvd or usb drive.....only i dont know how to make one using a mac.....i was using ubuntu 10.4

one click of the mouse and i royally screwed myself over....i havent come across anyone with this issue

#5 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

I am unfamiliar with Macs, but if you had Ubuntu on it, you should have a Live CD, which is bootable. Do you still have the CD you used to install Ubuntu? (that is the Live CD)

Ubuntu 10.04 uses Grub2 and I am very familiar with reinstalling that.

#6 shaunjohn007

shaunjohn007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

i had ubuntu on a boot usb, since deleted...i have the iso for ubuntu,win 7, and osx on the mac

#7 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

From what I can tell, is when you partitioned your hard drive, it moved the boot files. So you will need either an Ubuntu CD or a Windows 7 CD to repair the boot config.

Or... since it is a Mac, check in the Mac forums for ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users