Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop help for a dummy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hi all, :trumpet:

I absolutely suck when it comes to using Photoshop, so perhaps one of you can guide me.

In the photo attached, how would I superimpose the picture of the entire key onto the silhouette of the black key? I desire that the entire key does not erase any portion of the black key, and that I can resize the entire key to fit the size of the black key. In other words (I think), how do I superimpose the entire key onto the black key as a transparent image?

I hope I didnít confuse you. :flowers:

Step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated if it isnít too much of a problem.

Thanks all, :thumbsup:

George

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

You might think this is easier than it would be.

For one, the keys don't align, so its no easy thing there. You're going to need to put each picture on a different layer, and then from there try and use layer masks to hide parts of one of the layers.

It would be nice to know exactly why you need this.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Thanks Vaerli, :thumbsup:

I read-up a bit regarding layers, and I sort-of figured out what to do. After I finished the layer work, I was somewhat satisfied with the results. I later realized, however, that if I had removed the white background from the key silhouette, the picture would have been better, but hey . . . not bad for a first attempt at using layers. :flowers:

Thanks,

George

Posted Image

#4 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,467 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

I am not sure I understand the question

Posted ImageIf you lay the entire key over the black key the round thumb part handle will be invisible bc it is the same color as the back ground. So did you mean this?

Posted ImageOr to place the entire key over the black ground so you could still see it you need another color

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excuse my perception.

If I can figure out the desired result I might can tell you how to do it. ( I am a Paint Dot Net user but the principles should apply ).

EDIT
Posted Image

Edited by Martel, 30 August 2010 - 06:49 PM.

#5 Eddi81

Eddi81

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:38 AM

There are many tutorials online.Most of them are free of charge.

#6 Eraser23

Eraser23

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

I think I understand what you mean here, but your description is very vague and slightly confusing.

Do you want the original key to be the shape of the black shape / key? From the look of your second post where you attempted the final outcome, it seems this was the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users