Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove trojan downloader windows32\renos.XL removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amculbreth

amculbreth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

Another laptop of mine running Vista was infected with the Antimalware trojan. I ran rkill.com and installed MalwareBytes Antimalware, and was able to run and clean the system from SAFE mode of 280+ infected items. After rebooting in standard mode, popups began again to interrupt. Tried the process again - the internet was blocked, but was finally able to re-run rkill and MalwareBytes Antimalware in SAFE mode; this time over 800 items were found and removed.

Again rebooted into standard mode, and the popups began again. One of the popups says that trojan downloader has been dectected - file named in the popup box is windows32\renos.XL . This time MalwareBytes is blocked from running, and won't re-install. What should I do now, and how should I proceed?

I don't have any log files to post, yet, since I can't get the malwarebytes to run again. Any help?!

Edited by Pandy, 24 August 2010 - 10:27 AM.
Moved from Malware Removal logs as no logs are posted and the prep guide not followed ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users