Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Addresses Remain In The Address Bar

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tallahassee lassie

tallahassee lassie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:41 AM

:thumbsup: I hope I have posted this to the correct forum. My problem is this. Even though I have deleted the web addresses in the address bar clicking clear history, some websites remain in the address bar, and won't delete. Is there an answer to this? I have checked Google, and all seems greek to me. I have windows 98. Has anyone had this same problem in the past? My computer seems to be running fine, but I get annoyed by something not working right. All help would be appreciated. ...Always...Marion :flowers:
Keep on smiling---Mare

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:01 PM

Delete single web address from the IE address bar
(Estimated Time: 2 minutes approx, Level= Novice User)

1) Click on Start ----> Run

2) Type 'Regedit' and then click on 'OK'

3) Expand 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER' ---> 'Software' ---> 'Microsoft' ---> 'Internet Explorer'

4) Click on 'TypedURLs'

5) Right click in the name column on the URL of the website to be deleted and then click on 'Delete'

6) Exit registry editor

This is the regirtry editor so be careful.That you have followed steps 1-4 before deleting

Edited by boopme, 02 November 2005 - 02:01 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

:thumbsup: I hope I have posted this to the correct forum. My problem is this. Even though I have deleted the web addresses in the address bar clicking clear history, some websites remain in the address bar, and won't delete. Is there an answer to this? I have checked Google, and all seems greek to me. I have windows 98. Has anyone had this same problem in the past? My computer seems to be running fine, but I get annoyed by something not working right. All help would be appreciated. ...Always...Marion :flowers:

TL Please wait, this process cleared all entries in drop down. it was do do a single entry
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

You are talking about addresses you've typed into the address bar,that remain in the drop down portion?
Also I'm assuming you use IE 6

Edited by boopme, 02 November 2005 - 04:11 PM.

#5 tallahassee lassie

tallahassee lassie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:08 AM

:thumbsup:
Thank you boopme, for the response. I have not done a thing yet. To your answer, yes, when I type in a website that is the same name like www.abcd.com, just after the www. then type the a, it shows up in the address bar, after I already deleted the history tab in control panel. I hope I am making sense. I will await your response to this before I do anything. One question, could the reason be that the website is still there due to a problem I had maybe earlier with that website? You see I was playing an online game, and my puter froze up. I had to shut the puter off, then brought it back up. I had no problems with that. But, like I say, there sat that website after I only assumed deleted it. Again, thanks so much for your help. You are an angel. I hope your day is going alright....Always...Marion By the way, I have the most updated IE 6.

Edited by tallahassee lassie, 03 November 2005 - 08:09 AM.

Keep on smiling---Mare

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users