Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intellinet 802.11N Router

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ganna

ganna

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

Hi all,

My friend was using the internet from her laptop via a wireless connection that is between her PC & Intellinet 802.11N router when all of a sudden the connection was lost. Since then no other device has managed to connected to the internet via the router (the PC still has internet connection).

It was noted that before this occured the WLAN LED was always green and now it is orange and flashing constantly.

I downloaded the manual to check what the difference between green and orange means but it did not give this information. I also checked the settings were as outlined during the installation setup & there were no changes; I tried changing the channel but this also made no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jane
It's great being an anorak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi Jane

In the case of Linksys routers, when they mess up all you have to do is reset them.
Unplug the router and your modem
Look at the back of the router for a reset button. If present, use an ink pen to push and hold the botton in for at least 30 seconds. Plug your modem in & let it initialize then do the same for the router

Hope that helps
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 ganna

ganna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply; tried resetting as you mentioned but still no change.

Jane
It's great being an anorak

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

I checked your manual as well and can find no indication of what the WLAN orange flashing means. As I read it, the light is either on or off. Intellinet website provides no information either.

Look in the configuration of the router to ensure that the wireless is in fact enabled
Open Internet Explorer (pls dont use any other browser)
In the address bar type 192.168.2.1 and hit enter
The default user name is admin and the default password is 1234
Check to see that the wireless is enabled.
Do a system reset from within the router configuration page

Hope that helps
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users