Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Expensive scam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 v123naqrroc

v123naqrroc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:35 AM

I've been caught by a company which one had hoped was reputable. And I can only wonder how many others have been caught by a similar scam by similar companies.

About 3 years ago I purschased Norton virus program and made the mistake of clicking on automatic renewal. Then the computer repairer put another virus program on the puter. Then when I received the notification for renewal last year I notified them that I was not using their program any more they still debitted my a/c. AQs usuall the Banks are petty useless when you get this problem so I let it go. Earlier this year I applied for a new Credit card in the hope that because it would have a different expiry date that this stop it. Then last thursday I got this renewal notice from Norton saying that were going to debit my a/c again I immeditaely replied to the email saying I didn't use their program and I was not authorising the payment. Now did they stop? of course not the next day I find they have still taken the cash from my a/c despite my email saying it wasn't authorised.

I can only wonder how many other they have robbed over the years and how many other companies also rob their old clients thus way. the lesson is not to click the auto renewal payment box.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:22 AM

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/0610...-pay-fines.html

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users