Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Security Suite - SifuMike

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 gaara1

gaara1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:09 AM

I was getting help off user SifuMike on www.security-forums.com but there server has been down all day. I have alot of work to do but fixing my computer is of my highest priority. I have ran many fixes and SifuMike saw my problem and we conducted a ComboFix twice. He then asked me to conduct a KAPScan with the online scanner. This is my log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Monday, August 23, 2010 09:59:17
Records in database: 4136828
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
F:\
G:\

Scan statistics:
Objects scanned: 248978
Threats found: 1
Infected objects found: 2
Suspicious objects found: 0
Scan duration: 05:44:43

File name / Threat / Threats count
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\rasacd.sys.vir Infected: Virus.Win32.TDSS.b 1
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{838DC924-5774-496A-B103-FBB73AE7A90D}\RP232\A0048730.sys Infected: Virus.Win32.TDSS.b 1

Selected area has been scanned.

I will wait for Window Security Forums server to come back online, if it is for the best. I was kinda hoping SifuMike was also on this site as he linked me here a few times.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hi gaara1,

I just checked and Security-forums server is still down. sad.gif

Kaspersky scan Looks good. smile.gif
It found a previously deleted file stored in your System Restore folder and
a previously quarantined file. We will be getting rid of those when we do the program clean up.

Please tell me how the computer is running.

If all OK, then we will do the program clean up.

Since I cant see your posts a Security-Forums, please tell me the programs I had you download.
I think it was ComboFix, GMER, SecurityCheck, OTM; they are probably all on your desktop.

Edited by SifuMike, 24 August 2010 - 09:02 PM.
typo

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Staff Emeritus
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

SFDC forum is back up, so I will continue there and close this thread.
If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users