Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application cannot be executed. The file ***.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robbie4404

Robbie4404

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:38 AM

Please help. I keep getting this fake security warning. Have tried following previous posts instructions to download various programs in order to scan and remove but this virus will not let me run anything once it is downloaded. I am running on Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 August 2010 - 08:12 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Robbie4404

Robbie4404
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:55 PM

Anyone????

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

Download this file and save it to your desktop:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr

Double-click the file to run it. If you get the "Application cannot be executed" error do not close the dialogue box and double-click the rkill file again to see if it will run. If it works then try scanning with your antivirus.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Robbie4404

Robbie4404
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:32 AM

Did not work. When saved to desktop, it just opens up in notepad. Can not use any programs other than internet explorer.

Edited by Robbie4404, 28 August 2010 - 01:34 AM.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:18 AM

Try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner in Safe Mode. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users