Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Liquid cooling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moaoe

moaoe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

Alright I heard that you can buy some fans and be pretty good on cooling. But I have finally decided that i want to get liquid cooling just because looking at pictures of computers with it in there, they look like they are on some sort of NOS haha.

Anyways here are the specs for my new Mobo, processor, and graphics card.

Mobo- Asus M4A88TD-V EVO USB3 Motherboard - AMD 880GX, Socket AM3, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, RAID, SATA 6.0GB/s

Processor- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition AM3 CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX - 3.20GHz, Socket AM3, 6MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s) FSB, Retail, Processor with Fan

Graphics card- SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I saw this Liquid cooler [click here] and i Figured it would be safe to go with....but at the same time I want it hooked up to my graphics card and mobo if possible. So I don't think i will be able to buy that. As well i would like to be able to hook it up to an external display that i can look and monitor the temperature and stuff like that.

If this helps at all here is my case that I have... [ click here ]
I need some opinions on this, should i get 2 or just one radiator? I figure that since i will be hooking it up to everything else that i would probably need 2. I can use 140mm radiators lease that is what i see.

I also want to learn everything that i can from this so if you wouldn't mind letting me know why i would need certain parts and such. This will help a lot thanks

Edited by moaoe, 23 August 2010 - 10:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

Liquid cooling has been around for a while now. I came in to vogue with people overclocking, but I haven't heard anything of it in a while. It looks cool, but is expensive and unnecessary for most practical applications.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:09 AM

The Corsair H50 has many good reviews which you probable seen. I would do a lot of research on web sites that do nothing but overclocking and water cooling and/or extream cooling. It gets expensive and crazy if wants more that a H50. In most cases it's something someone wants not that they need. There is a lot of research for water cooling large servers because of the cost of energy and things like carbon tax. There is a lot of research being done on a pump less water cooling system for large servers to cut the cost. In most cases water cooling is a want not a need. I run very cool with air, lots of air for home use. H50 are sealed system and easy to install and should not give problems. If you decide to go bigger and better many hours of research should be done. It's fun for me because I can see what people are building. Keep in mind that most of those water cooling systems are built by the owners. A mistake can cost large sums of money and large burst of tears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users