Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthislog

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 energybuild

energybuild

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:27 AM

Hi i am new so hope i've got it right. Have used spybot showed nothing, ad-aware had 16 items but not the problem items.

recently hbtools.exe appeared on desktop. downloaded hbtoolsremoval too from symantec but kept stopping and freezing at lego_star_wars_pc_demo_final.exe and freezes when i go to it and click on it in c drive.

I hope you can help as things are getting worse all the time. Thank you in anticipation

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:22:36, on 2/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\pccguide.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PCClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMOAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\hjt\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://competitions.ninemsn.com.au/treasurehunt/hunt12.asp
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by OptusNet
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_6_2_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: QuickSearch Search Bar - {82315A18-6CFB-44a7-BDFD-90E36537C252} - C:\Program Files\QuickSearch\QuickSearchBar1_27.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: QuickSearch Search Bar - {82315A18-6CFB-44a7-BDFD-90E36537C252} - C:\Program Files\QuickSearch\QuickSearchBar1_27.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_6_2_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus C43 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S10IC2.EXE /P23 "EPSON Stylus C43 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus C43"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCClient.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PCClient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TM Outbreak Agent] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TMOAgent.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\npjpi150_01.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www
O16 - DPF: {EE8B6D5F-FEF2-11D0-B13F-00A024798EF3} (Microsoft Search Settings Control) - http://lg.home.microsoft.com/search/lobby/searchsettings.cab
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (PccPfw) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\PccPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend NT Realtime Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\tmproxy.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:38 PM

Well, there's nothing wrong in your HJT log:

Download WindPFind

Extract WinPFind.zip to your c:\ folder.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Then open c:\WinPFind and double-click on WinPFind.exe.
When the program is open, click on the Start Scan button to start scanning your computer. Be patient as this scan may take a while.
When it is done, it will show a log and tell you the scan is completed. Reboot your computer back to normal mode and and post the contents of c:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt as a reply to this topic.

David

Also try running the hbtoolsremoval tool in safe mode:

Reboot into SAFE MODE By pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode.

If it does not work on the first try, reboot and try again, as you have to be quick when you press it.

I have found that during boot up, right after the computer displays the equipment , memory, etc
installed on your computer, if you start lightly tapping the F8 key, the system will usually display the menu.

David

#3 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:44 AM

Hi there :thumbsup:

Whilst we appreciate you may be busy, we haven't heard from you for a while. You haven't answered the reply i have posted.

This message is just a bump, to remind you that i am helping you - if no answer is given in a few more days, the topic will be closed.

Thanks very much for understanding

David

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, I will close this thread. :thumbsup:

If you want to thread to be re-opened at any point, please PM me or any other staff with a link to it!

If anyone else is reading this with a similar problem that you would like help with, please post it in a new thread in the security section!

:flowers: David :trumpet:

#5 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:44 AM

Topic opened at request! :thumbsup:

David

#6 energybuild

energybuild
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:06 AM

Topic opened at request! :thumbsup:

David

Hi David

and sorry i wasn't in town for a while.

I am still having problems and before i remembered this post i tried your Suggestions and a couple of other ideas.

I have tried spybot, hbtoolsremoval tool and ad-aware in both safe and not without luck. I tried WinPFind and it stopped responding. I also have tried move on boot and that got rid of Hotbar tools and some other equally pesky items. I cannot even click on it to drag or identify it to move on boot. When i type what i believe to be the path it says wrong path.

When ever i run PC-cillin it freezes on c:\ LSWdemo.exe.part, while before i got rid of hbtools.exe and lego_star_wars_pc_demo_final.exe it came up as no threats found as did spybot, hbtoolsremoval tool and WinPFind as you can see is freezing on c:\ LSWdemo.exe.part.

I kind of figure if I get rid of c:\ LSWdemo.exe.part, some other item will be a problem.

I wrote down what was on the screen if it helps.

>>>>>>>>>>>Windows OS and versions<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Product name: Microsoft Windows XP Current build Service Pack 1 Current build No. 2600 Internet explorer version 6.0.2800.1106
>>>>>>>>>>Checking Selected Standard folders<<<<<<<<<<
Checking % System Drive % folder
UPX! 8/01/2005 14:23:12 4915119 c:\ Firefox Setup 1.0.exe
UPX! 12/09/2005 18:38:56 213028820 c:\ LSWdemo.exe.part

and stayed there for over an hour.

I hope you have some ideas or can Suggestions someone who can.
Thanks in anticipation
Russell (energybuild)

#7 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

Please download MWav eScan to a convenient location.

This scan might take around 3+ hours to finish when set to scan everything.

I need you to run MWav by double-clicking on mwav.exe
Put a check next to the below items before scanning:
  • Memory
  • Startup Folders
  • Drive - All Local Drives
  • Folder - then click "browse" to change the directory to C: (default is C:\Windows)
  • Registry
  • System Folders
  • Services
  • Include Sub-Directory
  • Scan All Files
Please make sure ALL of these are checked, then press the Scan button.

*NOTE* MWav may pause and appear to be finished, but it isn't done. Just let it run until it says it's complete.

On the bottom portion of the window, you will see the lower panel where MWav is listing "infected items". Once the scan is complete, please highlight everything in that lower panel and copy them by holding CTRL + C then paste it here. The whole log will be extremely big so there is no way to post the whole log. I just need the infected items list from that window.

David

#8 energybuild

energybuild
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2005 - 05:00 AM

Here is the infected log and I'm glad you warned me it could take some time it took over 6hrs.
Thanks 4 your efforts. Cheers Russ

Object "ezula Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Object "ezula Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Object "redv Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Object "redv Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Object "whenu.savenow Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Object "whenu.savenow Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Object "zipitpro Spyware/Adware" found in File System! Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSXML3A.DLL". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls" refers to invalid object "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DIMM.DLL". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".1RT". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".592". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".BTR". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".dat". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".DATA". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".dll_tobedeleted". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".dst". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".ez". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".FRX". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".hsc". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".ISU". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".kwd". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".lgn". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".MAP". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".pal". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".partial". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".pu". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".rar". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".rst". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".src". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".TAX". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object ".vrn". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" refers to invalid object "OpenWithList". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache" refers to invalid object "Mozilla Firefox (1.0)". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache" refers to invalid object "Mozilla Firefox (1.0.6)". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache" refers to invalid object "QuickSearch Toolbar". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\CLSID\{91DA6287-52F0-4CCF-9D67-72842C9BB367}" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Shockwave.com\Lemonade Tycoon\ui\SwDRM.dll". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\TypeLib\{BC8542C4-719E-49D5-90C6-CCB81A8FAC55}" refers to invalid object "C:\Program Files\Shockwave.com\Lemonade Tycoon\ui\SwDRM.dll". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\.pcb" refers to invalid object "PCBFile". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\.sll" refers to invalid object "SSLFile". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\MailFileAtt" refers to invalid object "{00020D05-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\mapifvbx.object" refers to invalid object "{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
Entry "HKCR\mapifvbx.object.1" refers to invalid object "{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\WINDOWS\System32\HLInstaller1.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.MDH.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\Downloads\Monopoly3-dm.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\New Folder\MindRover-dm.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban\NNEZTA388.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban\TBEZA127Q.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Quick.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\WINDOWS\system32\HLInstaller1.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.MDH.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File I:\My Deliveries\cnet\setupneonapster.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.BargainBuddy.v". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File J:\mIRC\mirc32.exe tagged as not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.582. No Action Taken.
File C:\Downloads\Monopoly3-dm.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\New Folder\MindRover-dm.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban\NNEZTA388.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban\TBEZA127Q.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Quick.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.
File C:\WINDOWS\system32\HLInstaller1.exe tagged as "not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.MDH.a". Action Taken: No Action Taken.

Hope you can make head or tail of it..

#9 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:43 AM

Download killbox from here:

KillBox

Unzip the folder to your desktop.

1. Start Killbox.exe
2. Select the Delete on Reboot option.
3. Copy the complete text in bold below to the clipboard by highlighting the filepaths and pressing Control + C:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\HLInstaller1.exe
C:\Downloads\Monopoly3-dm.exe
C:\New Folder\MindRover-dm.exe
C:\Program Files\FileSubmit\Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban\NNEZTA388.exe
I:\My Deliveries\cnet\setupneonapster.exe
J:\mIRC\mirc32.exe

4. Go to the File menu of Killbox, and choose Paste from Clipboard.
5. Click the Delete File button that is a red-and-white X. When asked if you want to delete these files say Yes. When asked if you want to reboot now, say No.
6. Exit Killbox.

Click Here to do a Panda online scan
  • If it asks you install active x controls click Yes
  • if a box comes up telling you to install the program also click Yes
  • Make sure you tick Disinfect automatically under Scan Options
  • complete the scan and post the log that you can save afterwards in the same way you did the HJT log.
  • It is normal for it to take a reasonable time to complete
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users