Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have Doubleclick Spyware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crkjohnson

crkjohnson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Whenever I go to the investment website www.vanguard.com, when the browser finishes loading the page, it checks something on fls.doubleclick.net before it tries loading several pages of pixel.vmm-sattelite1.com before my software K9 blocks them. I have tried 4 or 5 spyware removal tools and all have found something to remove but none have resolved the issue. I'd appreciate any help someone can give me.

Thanks,
Chris

I have attached two of the files recommeneded, but the ark.txt file from GMER.exe is too large. (1.6mb)

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:28 AM

Hi,

Don't worry about this as this has nothing to do with the fact that you are infected. Doubleclick is used on many sites and whenever you visit these sites where this javascript is implemented (because in this case, I see it's via a javascript/iframe), you will see this.
I get the same when I go to vanguard.com. You cannot remove it because it's not on your computer but on the site itself.
If you want to block this in your browser - Use the Firefox Noscript addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/722/
This will block this javascript by default, unless you allow it ofcourse.

Or just don't visit the site anymore if you are worried. But basically, Doubleclick is ok though. MANY sites use it. Also read more here about the doubleclick cookies: http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/faq.aspx
Don't worry to enter the site, it's ok smile.gif

Edited by miekiemoes, 24 August 2010 - 04:28 AM.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 crkjohnson

crkjohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:21 AM

You're most welcome smile.gif
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users