Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Bull

John Bull

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

I have 850 bookmarks on Firefox and 650 on IE. There is no way I know how to manage all these. I have to take pot luck when using them and sorting does not help.

There are over time, many duplicates but again it is impossible to find them manually.

This tiny stand alone program is wonderful to at least try to manage them :-
http://aignes.com/deadlink.htm

Deletion of duplicates is easy. Deletion by selection the same - just click the selected items keeping CNTRL pressed down, this enables a multiple delete.

Just be careful and visually check the list to see if there are any marked items there that should not be. It is all very easy and quick.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Ha...I've been using that for years :thumbsup:. Great tool, IMO.

I keep over 1,000 favorites as ready-reference material and I use AM Deadlink to help me check the connections which are outdated, involve redirection, etc.

Another little program that I find useful is Bookmark Wizard, I use it to manufacture an .html list of the links I described above, which I can then put into alphabetical order and quicly find any link that I want (rather than scrolling through IE's favorites listing).

I'm sure there are other tools like these that may be faster/better...I'm lazy and these two do what I want done :flowers:.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

I've been using Keynote for a couple of years now to store links to applications, canned responses, reference sites, and how to links.

http://www.tranglos.com/free/keynote.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users