Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow running computer and data keeps transfering

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 David-421

David-421

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

As I am new to this I will start off by saying hello - I have noticed a slowing down of my computer - taking longer to boot - and taking forever to go to a web page that normally takes only a few seconds - also Ive noticed that I have data transfer going on when there should not be anything going on, like I'm not updating anything , I checked to see if any of my programs were updating, there was no activity going on with them - I have an indicator the tells me how much data has been transfered - I basically had all known programs/apps shutdown because I had to leave and when came back about half an hour later the outgoing data counter was at 240,123,987 bytes transfered any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

David

Windows Vista home basic
Acer Aspire 5050 3371
AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MK 36 2.0 ghz, 512kb L2 Cache
1Meg Ram
32 bit operating system
Hitachi HTS541680J9SA00 ATA HDD
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR K 17RS ATA
built in wireless LAN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic