Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unattended XP PRO INSTALATIOn.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 czar1944

czar1944

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

hi all ,,

i was trying to do an unintended instalation of Xp . i was able to create the answer file by extracting the system/tools from the xp pro cd.
and i extracted the systemmgr file sucessfully and answerfile was made. i even renamed it into .sif file,
now problem is what to do next . text says ht is need to run winnt32 or winnt command

i am not geting what exactly it wants me to do. shall is copy the xp file set up in a cd and then run it on diff comp with answer file in a pendrv.
or what

i am confused.. help please ..:thumbsup:

Edited by czar1944, 23 August 2010 - 11:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fueL

fueL

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

You should check out the program called nLite. It makes this process much easier.

#3 czar1944

czar1944
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:32 PM

You should check out the program called nLite. It makes this process much easier.

////////////////////////

YA I HAVE HEARD ABT NLITE

but thing is i am studying mcse and wnated to perform the instalation in microsoft way.
if any one could tell me the steps what to do after creating the answer file.
and how to use winnt or winnt32 command .

and thanks for the reply FUEL

:thumbsup: cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users