Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't open up any programs or files on my computer in normal mode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mrs Pinnacle

Mrs Pinnacle

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

None of the programs or icons on my desktop will open up whenever I click on them. I went into safe-mode with networking and I ran Malawarebytes to see if any of my files were infected.After about an hour length full scan, malawarebytes eventually did find one file on my computer that was infected and I had it removed immediately. I restarted my laptop and went to the normal start up process and I still was unable to open up any of my files. There were exceptions, because at least one file on my computer opened up , but it took really long for that file to open up.I then forgot that I also had the AV symantec on my computer and I ran that anti-virus software. So far, it has detected one infected file. What other solutions do you suggest if symantec fails to detect the virus that keeps preventing me from opening the files on my computer? The virus apparently started infecting my computer today because I had no problems opening up any of my files last night.

Edited by Mrs Pinnacle, 23 August 2010 - 09:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mrs Pinnacle

Mrs Pinnacle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:13 AM

Please someone address my problem. I ran numerous anti-virus, anti-spyware , anti-malware , and anti-adware software in safe mode on my computer, and none of them seemed to get rid of the infection. I then ran system restore and I that did not work either. Is there any free anti-virus software out there that specifically addresses the problem of being unable to open computer programs and files? Even with the simple click of my mouse, my computer would crash.Is there another way to eradicate this problem besides downloading anti-virus software?

Closed as we have a working AII topic.

Edited by boopme, 27 August 2010 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users