Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No Sound"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Krissstinx3

Krissstinx3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

My speakers have stopped working randomly. I will play music & the music is playing, but I can't hear anything. I can only hear things when im on my webchat "oovoo". Please help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I would like to ask you a few questions before we try to offer you a few suggestions.

When you are playing music, what are you using for software? Is it Windows Media Player, or are you using another player?

Have you checked your volume properites, to see if any sliders are turned down or muted?

We have several things we have to look at here that can cause this problem.

Is the speakers powered up?
Is the speakers plugged into the correct jack on the sound card?
Is the speaker plug defective?
Is the sound card enabled? (if on-board)
Is the sound card drivers installed?
Is the windows speaker icon in the system tray?
Is the sliders in audio properties all turned up?
Is any volume controls muted?
Is the slider controls in Windows Media Player or other default media player turned up?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users