Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fatal system error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 z_man

z_man

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:17 AM

problem started with redirects from google and other search engines. malwarebytes picked up this malware.trace but would not delete it. i use spyware dr. with antivirus and this picked up nothing but was blocking random malicious websites that apparently the computer tried going too. i also tried going into safemode and run malwarebytes; however just recently i began getting the message STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

What worries me is that I may have worsened the problem by disabling system restore and deleting the malware.trace file i found in the registry using REGEDIT. The file was located in Hkey_currentuser_software_microsoft_searchassistant_Acmru 5603. Aside for safe mode, the computer would still shut off and on ok after i did this. However a couple of days later (today) it would not startup at all in any mode without getting this error message. So right now I cannot give you any malwarebyte logs or anything. I can startup as far as the main computer menu and select debugging, safe mode, etc. but that is it. This malware.trace thing seems to be getting around in your blogs but everyone who has it is getting varying symptoms as well as different removal instructions.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. If i have to remove and reinstall windows, so be it. Everything personal is backed up on disks or flash drives. but i would like too save everything and repare the problem if possible.

thank you

Edited by hamluis, 23 August 2010 - 05:47 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ectech1

ectech1

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

Do you have an XP disc handy?

#3 z_man

z_man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

thank you for responding. yes i do have my xp boot discs

#4 z_man

z_man
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

Since this post I gave my tower to a buddy who took it and ran Syamantec Corporate editon and he said he removed 8 viruses. Once I got the machine back I was able to reboot from my windows disc and run the repair option. The problem is after I got everything back up and working again (surpirisingly enough all of my files were still like they were before) I ran malwarebytes; low and behold the malware.trace came back up. So I do not know if just pieces of it are left or all of it. I can search on Google again though. The one big problem that remains is I found out I cannot shut the machine down and restart it. If I do, the Dell icon comes up and then the windows icon, followed by the computer shutting itself back down and restarting again; this process continues until I interupt it. My buddy did say that a virus was on some boot file, so I am wondering if that is missing and windows is not reinstalling it. If I put the windows boot disc back in again and run the repair cycle all over it seems to get the computer running back to my desktop like before. During the repair/install process several error messages popped up; they were: Ngen.exe-entry point not found; The procedure entry point GetRequestedRuntimeVersion could not be located in the dynamic link library mscoree.dll. This was followed by: C:Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be found.

What do these mean? I will keep my computer running in the meantime until I find out what file or program I need to allow it to shutdown and reboot on its own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users