Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Redirects and internet crashing virus...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shepplumber

shepplumber

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hello-

I recently was overwhelmed with a virus that kept scanning my computer and telling me I had a massive amount of viruses. It would then run a scan and tell me to buy there anti-virus software. I was able to go into the registry to stop that problem, but now it will not even let me open internet explorer. So, I started using mozilla to get on bleepingcomputer.com to address the issue. I have run Malwarebytes and hijackthis to try and slow the problem, but they aren't able to help eventhough they bring up alot of infections etc.

Thanks for the help in advance

Mitch

Currently running windows XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 shepplumber

shepplumber
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

Budapest-

Thank you very much for the link. It cleared up all of the issues that I was having and things are back to normal again. I apologize for the delayed response, I have been working out of town and haven't had the chance to get online.

Thanks again,

Shepplumber

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:53 PM

:thumbsup:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users