Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doug1209

doug1209

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

Just had a quick question. I'm fairly certain there is some kind of virus on my router (not sure if that is even possible). On every computer on the network (One desktop running XP and 2 Labtops running Vista) there is an occasional redirection to sites like videocop.com, popups with addresses like search.gugle.com, and some websites are hard to access due to hangups. Started happening a few months ago and I quickly searched and found a firmware update for the netgear router, but the problem didn't stop. I also took my labtop on vacation, and while on the network at the hotel none of these symptoms presented themselves, which further strengthened my belief that it was a router-based virus. So question is: Is there anything I can do to stop this? Or is restoring the router to factory settings the only way to really be rid of it? Thanks for the help ahead of time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users