Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inkjet print problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gerry58

gerry58

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

I am having trouble with printing my yahoo email messages. They seem to be too wide for the printed page. Is there anything I can change in the settings, other than printing in landscape mode, that will allow the message to print in full in portrait mode?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

Under your printers properties do you see document as one of the options in the drop down menu?

There should be a drop down menu there some where in your printers properties section.

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 gerry58

gerry58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

I do not see that as an option. Everything prints fine except for my internet based email from yahoo. It is printing all of the garbage on the left side and cutting off the message on the right since not everything is displayed. I need to scroll horizontally to see my email message. Could it be some settings at yahoo?

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Try this as a work around
Drag your cursor through the text you want to print in order to highlight it
To print click File - Print and put the bullet in selection
This prints only the highlighted text and may give you a temporary solution
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 gerry58

gerry58
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

There is another twist to this Dell 922 printer. It only screws up my print from Hotmail. If I print from Word all is good. If I print an email I get one page with just header info, then 1 page of the text (should have been 6 pages) then 1 page with just a header (my hotmail site info). No errors appear so it thinks it printed what it needed. If I print this same email to another printer it prints just the 6 page email perfectly. Bad printer???? Then why would it print everything else (word docs, excel docs, internet pages, etc.) just fine.

#6 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

Try uninstalling the drivers. Then reboot & reinstall them
In the beginning there was the command line.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Yahoo mail:

Look for something that says View Online, Having trouble viewing this email, View it in your browser, Follow this link if this message is not displayed correctly or something similar. Click on whatever it says, this will open the mail in your browser. Print the mail to see if it prints correctly.

For Hotmail:

Click on the Printer icon which will open up Print view. See if that will print all the pages of the mail.

Posted Image

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 August 2010 - 12:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users