Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Base System Device

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cycle

cycle

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hi All,

I have a Dell Latitude D800 Notebook and just reloaded Win XP SP3 on the computer. I loaded all the drivers from the Dell site for this dell computer (by service tag number). My device manager still shows that the Base System Device is under other devices.

When I double click on it the device status says: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) The device type is Other devices. The manufacturer is Unknown. And the location says PCI bus 2, device 1, function 3

Does anyone know where can I download the driver for this device please.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fueL

fueL

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Did you also install the smartcard drivers for the laptop? This seems to be a big cause of this, also if your laptop has quicklaunch buttons near the power button they too sometimes require a driver.

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...mp;fileid=67337

^ smartcard driver for D800

if those don't do the trick, http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...p;fileid=145696

these are a bit more up to date

Edited by M.Joines, 22 August 2010 - 05:06 PM.

#3 cycle

cycle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks fueL

the second link did the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users