Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash sites causing 100% cpu usage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spazz22

spazz22

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hi There,

Following a Firefox and Adobe Flash upgrade the performance of Flash websites has suffered greatly on my laptop.

When I use sites like www.evony.com or youtube.com, my CPU is typically pinned at 100% while the browser session displaying the Flash content is open.

When minimized it drops significantly.

My primary browser is Firefox (3.6.8), but I've also ran tests using the latest version of Chrome and it sill appears to be an issue.

I'm running windows XP Pro, with a Dell Inspiron 630m laptop. 2 Gig of RAM, and 80GB HDD with about 20 Gig free.

I'm confident my PC is malware/spyware/virus free. I've used the malware forums before and have since implemented a solid protection suite on my PC using MalwareBytes anti Malware, Super-Anti Spyware, Auto Updated AVG as well as PC Tools firewall. All scans come back clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

MODS: Since I have created this thread please feel free to close this one: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic341004.html

Thanks,
Spazz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Flash may be corrupted. You could uninstall and reinstall. If that doesn't work, you can always go into Flash settings by right clicking on any video player and adjust settings like Hardware Acceleration. And another possibilty is your browser security settings may be too high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users