Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sandboxie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Bull

John Bull

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

No need for controversial discussion about security, just install Sandboxie, your problems will be over.
The Free version is quite adequate for superb protection from intruders, just delete the sandbox on exit. Nothing gets out into your system.

Backed up by a reputable Free or paid for AV and Firewall program, this is the best security combination you can get on the Internet.

Your comments are welcome, but this combination is VERY GOOD.
Since I installed Sandboxie, I have not had ONE single instance of infection come up on my frequent scans.

John Bull

Edited by John Bull, 22 August 2010 - 08:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Anyone have a good way of removing dangerous files in a sandboxie that wont be on the system restore??? Tried using cclearner ,but it still ended up within the sandboxie system restore folder trying to get out so I just nuked all my old system restores.

#3 John Bull

John Bull
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

Anyone have a good way of removing dangerous files in a sandboxie that wont be on the system restore??? Tried using cclearner ,but it still ended up within the sandboxie system restore folder trying to get out so I just nuked all my old system restores.

Configure Sandboxie to DELETE the sandbox on shutdown of browser. All contents of the sandbox will be deleted - everything goes.

Sandboxie control>Sandbox>DefaultBox>Sandbox Settings>Delete>Invocation>Check "Automatically delete contents of sandbox"

#4 King_Yoshi

King_Yoshi

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,346 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

Or if worst comes to worst, just delete and reinstall the sandbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users