Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

newbie here to learn...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skpyle

skpyle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

Greetings to all! My name is Seth K. Pyle. I am a 36 year old Maintenance Technician in the upstate of South Carolina. Originally, like many others, I found bleepingcomputer.com in a search to deal with a virus problem. While searching the forum, I realized that this website is about so much more than malware removal. :thumbsup:

I am very mechanically and electrically inclined. Computer saavy...not so much. I know enough to be dangerous, but that is about it. I spend most of my computer time managing photos/tech manuals/information for my gearhead hobbies, and 99% of my internet time is devoted to the neverending search for information/tech manuals/parts for my hobbies. Granted, the chase for an elusive manual is usually what gets me into trouble...

I am hear to learn as I go about how to deal with computers, how to become more comfortable and proficient. At my home, I have 3 computers. One in the house, that was built by a computer buddy, an ancient (2003) HP Pavillion 245 in my workshop, and my wife's relatively new HP laptop. The shop and home computers are connected to the router via cables, while the laptop is wireless. I have a simple network set up to share files between the shop and house computers, and am working on doing the same for my wife's laptop.

I learn best by researching and doing, and that is what I plan on doing at this site. Each time I have a question, I will search through this site and go from there.

Thanks, and very glad to be here!

Seth K. Pyle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

There is a huge amount of information here about all aspects of computing, so you will have an abundance of information at your fingertips; and, of course, if you have questions, you can post and receive help from Members who may have an expertise or experience in a particular area in which you do not.
Welcome to BC, and thanks for joining!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

:thumbsup: skpyle. Gear head is good. We all learn a lot just researching this site. WARNING! Once you get started researching this site it's hard to get stopped. Please read New User Orientation, it help a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users