Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Live Mail sending Multiple emails

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard1283

Richard1283

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Just recently Live Mail will send a dozen emails when I send one with an attachement. The recipient can not open the attachment. It works fine if I send an email without an attachment. I have Norton, SpywareBlaster and SpyBot installed.
I have scanned with these programs plus Panda online, Trend Micro, MalWarebytes and Microsofts scanner. They all have found no problems. I also reinstalled Live Mail and that did not help either.

Awhile back a McAfee icon appeared on my desktop even though I don't have it. I traced the shortcut to the file and deleted it. It was not McAfee. I should have written down the name of the file but did not think of it at the time.

Any suggestions?

Rich

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hi Rich,We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Richard1283

Richard1283
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Well, we determined it was not malware causing the problem. I'll have to search the the forums for an answer.

Thanks,
Rich

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:37 AM

Maybe you should reset your router if they some how have that items number.
To reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds). If you donít know the router's default password, you can look it up HERE.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users