Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hijackthis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AnaB

AnaB

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

can anyone help me?

every time i turn my computer on, i log in, and it boots normally, except for the fact that the screen of the monitor turns off and then on, only one time, and then everything runs normally
i would like to know how to correct this problem

thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 21 August 2010 - 01:18 PM.
Removed HJT log, edited for clarity ~Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Help you what :thumbsup:?

I see no description of what might be wrong with the system, if anything. I see a HJT log, which some users seem to think is a magic wand for all system problems.

Can you provide some details about why you posted your log...what is supposed to be wrong with your computer.

Please.

It makes it a lot easier to advise/suggest...if the members have an idea of what you think is a problem.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hi AnaB, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

The is a sub forum in the Security forums which has information that Louis was eluding to. It is titled " Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help" This will outline the type of back ground information which will enhance an understanding of your problem. The link below will take you there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

Based on the data you have now provided, I will remove your HJT log, as we address your system issues here.

In the event that it appears that malware is involved, I can always reattach the log or insert it into a post.

Doing this will spare you an approximate 7-day delay before someone in our malware logs forum...goes through their procedures only to find that it's not a malware issue...and then send you back here.

Louis

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

When your screen turns off...does the rest of the computer turn (does it reboot) or is it just the monitor which restarts?

Do any error messages appear onscreen before the screen turns off? Any writing?

Does this happen...before you see the desktop...or afterward?

Louis

#6 Moc

Moc

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

Hi AnaB,

To me this sounds like an issue with your graphics driver. Can you please tell me (if you know) what type of graphics card (=videocard) you have installed and whether or not you have manually installed the appropriate drivers for it?

1) If you don't know which video card you have follow these instructions:
- Press: Start
- Press: Run
- Type: msinfo32

At the left side, please click on the second category and then the subcategory Monitor (I'm not familiar with the English terms for it, so thats why I say it this way -> It should be something like: Parts > Monitor).

2) To check for installed video card drivers:
In that same system info screen, please look for something like: 'installed software'. (Again im not familiar with the English terms as I use the Dutch language as my default language for my system, but it should be something like that).

Please give me following set of information:
- Your type of videocard
- Installed drivers
- Was this issue present since any particular moment in the past, or has it always been present as far as you know?

Hope this helps a bit for a start,

Tijn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users