Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think i have a virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluedusty

bluedusty

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hello There,

I have only just stumbled accross this website and was hoping that some of you might be able to help me out.

I have been trying to help a friend with their computer but have hit a brick wall straight away.

When on IE all serches redirect to bing web searches ( this has alerted it might be a virus)
When I search for virus software it is blocked.
When I try to run in safe mode it does not come on it just re boots back to the start and gives me the three safe mode boot options agian such as safe mode with networking etc and start windows normally. This just keeps repeating if I try any of the safe mode options. Computer will start fine if I click start windows normally. (this is how i normally would remove a virus in safe mode)

I was thinking of running linux puppy but dont know where to start once I have the puppy desktop loaded. (I have got a boot disk)

I have though managed to run combofix but did not notice thatI was not suppose to do the run at this stage till I found this site so I won't post the results yet. I have also managed to get spybot installed but problem is still there at the mo.

Computer is a Dell Inspiron Mini 9 - I dont have a windowsdisk or dont think I can perform a recovery because it does not have F12 function on start. I dont even know if it has a recovery partition. Computer is running XP

I have tried to put as much info down as I can.

Would like to thank you in advance for all help recieved

bluedusty

Edited by bluedusty, 21 August 2010 - 01:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluedusty

bluedusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

Please help me out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users