Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:18 AM

My computer/my documents keeps crashing. It crashes at random times and I have to reopen the window. When it crashes the error says it is a problem with Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer works fine.

I'm using Vista. I don't have the latest Internet Explorer I have the last version, but the newer one has been out for a while and I've had no problems until recently. It's crashed a few times lately and it's crashing more often now. Rebooting doesn't help.

So what is causing the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All.

Then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#3 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Let's try this.

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All.

Then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

Is there anyway to find out without downloading things? I don't really want anything else on my computer. From reading what that says it sounds as though it finds out what is wrong when you get the blue screen of death, which I haven't had. Or is there more to it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users