Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELETING ANTIMALWARE DOCTOR

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adobo9

adobo9

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

Hi, sorry I sound so urgent, however I have tried and temporarily succeeded to delete this virus. However, upon restarting the computer it just keeps popping up. I have no idea how to get rid of it permanently. I am currently using the Malware-Bytes anti malware to some success... Here are my results upon finishing the scan. When I have done all this, upon request of the computer to reboot, the virus pops up once more, am I doing something wrong?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4052

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

20/08/2010 11:35:03 PM
mbam-log-2010-08-20 (23-35-03).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 128553
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 53 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antimalware Doctor (Rogue.AntimalwareDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antimalware Doctor Inc (Rogue.AntimalwareDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

oh and to add to that, this is what I do before each time I do the scan

# Before we can do anything we must first end the processes that belong to Antimalware Doctor so that it does not interfere with the cleaning procedure. To do this, download the following file to your desktop.

rkill.com Download Link

# Once it is downloaded, double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Antimalware Doctor and other Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Antimalware Doctor when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Antimalware Doctor . So, please try running Rkill until the malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of the guide. If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

once again, if anyone can help me, MUCH thanks to you.

Edited by adobo9, 20 August 2010 - 11:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,995 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hello,

Actually, I am deleting that other topic as it is a duplicate of this one and doesn't contain the logs we request nor is there an indication that you tried to produce them.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 adobo9

adobo9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

nevermind, I have fixed this problem simply by running my computer in safe mode, deleting the virus via Malware-bytes and all was resolved. Thank you however for at least responding to this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users