Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 finagel666

finagel666

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

My mother's Desktop seems to be having problem after problem. She's had to bring in her computer to the geek squad quite a few times for motherboard problems. She's had the motherboard replaced a few times because the screen would freeze up and also randomly shut down.

But as of recently the current problem is when you go to start her computer up the monitor just stays blank. Thinking it may have been just the monitor or monitor cord I tested it out on another computer and it worked fine. Yesterday it was working, although the black screen before the desktop showed seemed to take a bit longer to show then usual. And then today nothing.

Can someone please give some advice on what may be going on and what I should do?

She owns a HP pavilion a6514f and has Windows Vista.

Also don't know if this helps any but yesterday when it was working certain sites wouldn't load.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shadow Bird

Shadow Bird

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

I have a feeling that either your video card drivers are corrupt, or your motherboard's monitor port (is it HDMI, VGA, etc, please tell me) broken. Also, certain sites not loading can just be server issues with the site, such as when sites are being updated (or DDoS'd.)

Also, what size is the hard drive in terms of physical size? If it's 3.5", which is the standard for most desktops, you can plug the drive into another desktop computer, if anything to make sure the operating system is still intact.

Also, one last thing, when you start the computer, do you see even the POST screen (the screen where it says Hewlett Packard or HP when you first push the power button?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users