Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Essential software that should be used to run a computer repair business??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Craig1807

Craig1807

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hey everybody,

Firstly would like to say this is my first post and would like to thank everybody for all the support given throughout this community it looks like a really good website that ive just come across, and hope it sheds some light in my tunnel and I hope I become more interactive and get involved within this community :thumbsup:

So this post is just to find out what are some of the better & most versitle repair software available to help repair computer's with a wide range of problems, such as Virus's , Malware , Worms Not only things like that is what i want software to repair, I also want to find out Software that can clean up computer's un-needed files So basically, Software that can speed up a computer and get rid of common issues so after using these types of software computers will run smoother & faster..

I am an apprentice at a computer repair shop, and we use the following programs, I would like to if know if anybody has any better and more convient software that I should look into and maybe use for the business. Here are the most common software that we use at the moment. (on USB sticks) to easily run on customers computers.ATF Cleaner - This software basically free's up memory on your computer by deleting tempory and unused files such as cleaning up of Recycle bin, Temport Internet Files, Windows Temp, Java Cache and things like that. Usually free's up between 500mb - 1 gig worth of space and I find it very useful to use on customer's computer's as no personal files are effected. Very good as it has selectable tabs.

Combofix - This software scans the computer for known malware, and I have used it on a number of customer's computer's and have found it helpful also the shop owners have donated towards this product.

Malwarebytes - Again to do a complete scan of a system and get rid of any Malware.
We usually run these programs on customer's computer's to help freeup space and to get rid of any error messages that are caused via virus's & Malware and normally 9/10 they all pretty much do a good job.

If anybody knows any other software that would be useful and help me within my computer repair training i would greatly appreciate your comments and advice :flowers: I know computer slowness can also be cause via hardware such as not enough ram or Harddrive read and right speed, things like that, but we only run thiese programs if we know that the computer shouldnt be as slow as it is, witht he spec it has.

So like i said, if anybody has useful information for me, id greatly appreciate it.. thanks

Craig

Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 August 2010 - 11:26 PM.
Move to AV forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mute20

mute20

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

You should not be using combofix if you are not experienced with it. Combofix can seriously cripple a computer if used as a a every day tool.

Edited by boopme, 23 August 2010 - 10:06 PM.
MOVED to Antivirus from AII ~~boopme

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:14 AM

I think after reading the OP's post that most regular Bleeping Computer members should start up PC repair businesses. lol
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users