Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojware, keeps coming back

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Willsor

Willsor

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hello all

I have recently been having a problem with trojware and viruses. I use Zone Alarm extreme security as my usual firewall/antivirus, and whenever I quarantine, delete, rename or even delete on reboot, this keeps coming back
photo: "http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2328/serg.png" (couldn't be assed to name it so just mashed buttons, hence 'serg' :D)

Anyway, this has been happening for a while now, although its not just this, I have been getting other viruses, trojware, etc. and zone alarm keeps deleting them, and they keep coming back.
Another symptom, on Google chrome, when I google search something, when I click on the result, it occasionally redirects me to other search sites, where it searches the same thing.
For example, I google search "spyware removal". Click on the first result, whatever that may be, and it takes me to ask.com search results page for "spyware removal". It is not just ask.com though, it is sometimes just other weird search sites.

I have used malwarebytes anti-malware, as that is my 'big guns' antivirus, which I just use whenever zone alarm fails to take care of the problem, but although malwarebytes says it has deleted it, I always seem to find it again a few days later.

Its not a massive deal, as there is no slow down on my pc, but im just kinda nervous typing in any personal details in my browser, like banks or email, etc, because I don't know if the trojans have keyloggers built in or anything like that.

I will post HJT logs if requested.
Thank you in advance

EDIT: that other search site i'm directed to is the same as "vix24"s problem, it is kdirectory.
EDIT2: Not sure if this is required, but i'm used to giving my system details for computer help:

Foxconn A74MX-K Mobo
2GB RAM
Windows XP Service pack 3
Sapphire HD 5850 1GB.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.90GHz
OCZ Modstream 500W PSU

Edited by hamluis, 20 August 2010 - 03:11 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willsor

Willsor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

(Damn, accidental double post)

Edited by Willsor, 21 August 2010 - 01:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users