Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vix24

vix24

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

This is my first post here so I hope I am in the right place!

I am having a problem with my PC running on windows xp home. Yesterday, the "security suite" icon appeared on my computer and all the messages shown on the tutorial for uninstalling the programme began to appear. I was able to run scan with mcafee. which claimed everything was fine, but obviously I realised something was up and shut down the computer. On a different PC came across this site and the instructions for uninstall. I followed these today. The first time, having run RKILL, I ran malaware but mistakenly pressed "quick" rather than "full" scan. The computer rebooted ok. However, on using google search, I found I was constantly being redirected to kdirectory. I ran malaware again, this time a full scan. More threats detected and removed. The problem is not as bad as I have now been able to open this site but many google searches the redirect continues (even when clicking links I know to be sound). I'm also concerned as I use a netbook and external hard drive. This wasn't plugged in when I ran RKILL/malaware the first time, but it was the second. Files on the external seem to open without any problem now.

I have had a nose around the forum and can't see anything (at least - not that I can understand! - I am definitely not a techie!).

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 20 August 2010 - 03:09 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

Try this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...sing-tdsskiller
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users