Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse won't let computer normally startup

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

When I start up the computer, if my gaming mouse is plugged in it starts to endlessly beep without booting until I unplug the mouse or press any key on my keyboard.

It only happens with the oscar a4 tech x710bk (x-710bk), any other mouse it doesn't beep on startup.

All the drivers are installed for the mouse, and the mouse works perfectly once the computer is started up without any problems

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

:D

That's probably because it's shorted inside. You need to clean it. Use compressed air or take it apart. Careful though where the parts go and they might fall out when you open the mouse.
When you've opened the mouse, try clean the contacts beneath the right/left mouse button.
Good luck.

Edited by nightspydk, 22 August 2010 - 06:49 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

That's probably because it's shorted inside. You need to clean it. Use compressed air or take it apart. Careful though where the parts go and they might fall out when you open the mouse.
When you've opened the mouse, try clean the contacts beneath the right/left mouse button.
Good luck.

If there were a short on the circuit board the mouse wouldn't work at all.

Being a gaming mouse, I would assume that a driver disk came with it. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:49 AM

ilikesoldat I think I may have found a support web site for your mouse.

Can you please confirm if this web site is related to the gaming mouse you have?

http://www.x7.cn/en/index.asp

http://www.x7.cn/en/products.asp?cid=73

http://www.x7.cn/en/oscar.asp

If we're on the right track here, I would certainly like to help you fix the problem you are having with your mouse.

Thanks in advance and kind regards as always.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 22 August 2010 - 12:58 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

just going to throw this into the mix.weird i know, but who knows .
make sure you bios is not set to first boot to a usb device

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 nightspydk

nightspydk

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Good luck.

Being a gaming mouse, I would assume that a driver disk came with it. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

Okay let me try elaborate then. Try press all keys on the keyboard at the same time when you boot. That should create somewhat the same effect and honestly I think anybody with a tiny bit of practical experience with computers have experienced it at some point.
I bet though you don't read stuff like that in books.

#7 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Good luck.

Device drivers aren't going to have any effect a BIOS error...

Edited by CohenTheBarbarian, 22 August 2010 - 11:30 AM.

#8 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:12 AM

Ok guys thanks for the replies

And no, I won't buy another one after spending 50 bucks on a brand new one in another country

Please read all the information and make deductive logic statements based on my original post, some of the replies were obviously not well thought out.. all sincere help was appreciated though

Something is definitely messed up with my BIOS, a lot of the times I go into it strange things happen like it scrolls to the left nonstop unless I press a key on my keyboard even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with my keyboard.. or it freezes up when I try to change certain settings... and I have another problem with it changing my sound settings every time I reboot even though the audio is disabled (however I am absolutely sure that I don't have any virus on my computer)

By the way, good idea with the boot to usb devices but I tried disabling that and even boot to removable devices even earlier to no success.. something does seem wrong with my usb detection though.. because before I upgraded my computer (it doesn't happen now) sometimes if I plugged up a mouse it would take a couple restarts and repluggings to even detect it

And the mouse ONLY does this with my computer.. and its only this very mouse

and Bruce: yes.. i even gave you the exact model number.. heres the link http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=36
you may try using the website.. but I am more on the side that its a problem with my BIOS

Edited by ilikesoldat, 23 August 2010 - 12:20 AM.

#9 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

if it were me, my next try would be adding pci usb card ,and plug it to that .

also did you ask about you problem here .[from your link ]
http://www.x7.cn/en/emailus.asp

Edited by caperjac, 23 August 2010 - 12:47 AM.

#10 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

Ok guys thanks for the replies
and Bruce: yes.. i even gave you the exact model number.. heres the link http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=36
you may try using the website.. but I am more on the side that its a problem with my BIOS

First of all, You're most welcomed for the help we have offered here you so far. :thumbsup:

Can you please post the make and model number of the motherboard, so I can check the BIOS setup menu and hardware setup of this motherboard.

This information would be most helpful to me in checking out what possibilities we have to work with.

As for what caperjac posted above "if it were me, my next try would be adding pci usb card ,and plug it to that" That is a very good suggestion and I want to thank caperjac for adding that suggestion to the thread. :flowers:

Thanks in advance ilikesoldat for your next reply .

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#11 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

By the way, good idea with the boot to usb devices but I tried disabling that and even boot to removable devices even earlier to no success.. something does seem wrong with my usb detection though.. because before I upgraded my computer (it doesn't happen now) sometimes if I plugged up a mouse it would take a couple restarts and repluggings to even detect it

I read the other thread concerning this, and then this one, and i have a question no one has brought up.

And i know you say everything works fine and all, concerning your new GPU, and your PSU is enough for it, but..

Whats your PSU power output, and what GPU and CPU do you have or list the power requirements for each.

--IMO this would be important if:

you system power requirements are 420-440 and your PSU is 450.

The PSU should handle it, but if its old and or just not putting out the power its rated for, you would experience USB problems such as underpowered attached devices, and having to reboot multiple times for it to recognize that device would become your way of life. Also, what is called a "brown out" is where power supplied isnt enough, like in houses where electrical fluctuations occur, instead of the normal 120v your getting an average 100volt feed, the underpowered devices are at greater risk for failure. So that situation may be happening in your tower.

Since you have pinpointed the reason for the beeping, and your certain it was working before the new GPU, perhaps the added strain has permantly damaged the PSU, being that i read that u tried removing the newly installed GPU and had the same problems, i wont suggest removing it and seeing if your mouse still has problems through USB from lack of power.

Try using the USB to PS/2 adapter to see if the problem can be resolved, also that PCI USB attachment would be a great lead also, though both of which still require the same power so its stab in the dark, persay ;).

I know BIOS are the issue here, as you all have deducted very logically, but perhaps the cause didnt originate from there. As MrBruce1959 has stated, flashing the BIOs has alot of Cons not necessarily worth a failed attemp.

Hope this leads to some "light" at the end of the tunnel.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#12 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

As for what caperjac posted above "if it were me, my next try would be adding pci usb card ,and plug it to that" That is a very good suggestion and I want to thank caperjac for adding that suggestion to the thread. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance ilikesoldat for your next reply .

Bruce.

your welcome

#13 Synetech

Synetech

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

When I start up the computer, if my gaming mouse is plugged in it starts to endlessly beep without booting until I unplug the mouse or press any key on my keyboard.

It only happens with the oscar a4 tech x710bk (x-710bk), any other mouse it doesn't beep on startup.

All the drivers are installed for the mouse, and the mouse works perfectly once the computer is started up without any problems

You didn’t say what kind of connector it has. Your description sounds like what one would expect if a mouse with a PS/2 connector were to be plugged into the keyboard’s PS/2 port.
****** *** ****** * ****; * ***** **** ** *** **** ******* *** ****** ************ ****.

-- Synetech

#14 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

You didn’t say what kind of connector it has. Your description sounds like what one would expect if a mouse with a PS/2 connector were to be plugged into the keyboard’s PS/2 port.

wow does anyone still use them ,lol

you are right it was not mentioned ,but for me i googled the model # in first post and seen it was usb

#15 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

Sorry for the late reply, I've kind of tried to move on with the problem and just kind of forget about it.... I reminded myself to go back on this website though not to leave you guys hanging.

Yes, its a USB mouse, the power supply is brand new 400W and the graphics card requires a 350W (no extra power connector needed, runs from pci) the processor is old like pentium 4 800 bus 3.0ghz

I'm not sure if the power is insufficient.. but here is the website for my computer

http://support.gateway.com/s//PC/R/3724/4365nv.shtml

This website really says it all, down to the specifications of each component in the computer

Now just imagine the 300W supply is switched out with (all brand new) 400W supply and a gt 220 is added along with 2x 512mb ddr pc3200 and a $10 sbt-sp6c sabrent sound card

I think its not the power though, because any other mouse works fine, and other USB devices work fine, and even this mouse works fine once I bypass the beeping.

OK, the make of the motherboard is on the website but I can't directly find the model of it, here is the website for everything I know about the motherboard, specs and everything (perhaps you can be better at finding the model than me) : http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/Inte.../102007nv.shtml

Edited by ilikesoldat, 29 August 2010 - 08:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users