Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirecting to advertisments

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Calum1

Calum1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hi all,

Two days ago my netbook was infected with the virus "Anti Malware Doctor". Using the the tools combofix and Malware Bytes I seemed to manage to get rid of it, there are no fake virus warnings and my McAfee is no longer being blocked. Everything seems fine. Except Google.

Whenever I search for something in Google, whichever link I click redirects to other sites, such as AdultFriendFinder. I am an adult, but if I wanted to find friends I would Google that instead of BBC News.

So it seems like I am still infected by someting or other. I downloaded TDSSKiller and when it ran it didn't find anything appart from a suspicious program which I removed.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Calum

P.S. Sorry for the spelling mistake in title, it should read 'advertisements'

EDIT: I have done two recent scans using both MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Malware Bytes found nothing and Super Anti Spyware found about 280 tracking cookies.

The only thing which is not working correctly is the Google search. ( I can access the links if I rightclick and copy the address into the address bar)

Edited by Calum1, 20 August 2010 - 07:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Calum1

Calum1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

And I am also occasionally re directed to a site which tries to redownload the Anti Malware Doctor. So it is obviously somewhere still, but I can't seem to find anything scanning.

Also ComboFix keeps being delted as a trojan. This might be due to a virus or just an over eager virus scanner.

EDIT: I've done something wrong and now my laptop is completely broken. Won't boot. Oh well... I have managed to reinstall Windows. You can close this I guess...

Edited by Calum1, 20 August 2010 - 08:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users