Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Removal Training Program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HappyLibrary

HappyLibrary

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

I received great help on this forum and was astounded by how quickly my helper responded, and at how much they knew. I found a link to the Malware Removal Training Program and have been checking it constantly over the past few days, but just keep getting: "No available slots. Please check back at a later time."

I am starting a computer course at the end of next month which I'm feeling very unprepared for, and I think this training program would really help. By any chance will slots be available before then, or has the program been discontinued? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

Hello,
The Malware Removal Training Program is still very active and slots open up on a regular basis. However, this program usually takes longer than a month (average is about a year if I'm not mistaken).

Although this may seem long, it sure is worth the effort.

If you are interested in becoming a trained helper, it would be best to check the link often. Good luck!

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Do you have any balancing advice for those who have lots of stuff going on? For instance, I'm in college now, and sometimes I have issues balancing between my schoolwork and other stuff like being on here. It's nipped me in the butt a few times, but nothing too hard to deal with, however, I don't want college or work, for that matter, to stop me from becoming a helper. How much time is expected of the user to sit at their computers and work on the program without risking getting in trouble with their bosses for not being in work, and other possible conflicts like that?

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:13 AM

Thats very difficult to say chromebuster; it depends on personal skills, start level and a lot more things. Some are better at multi-tasking than others, however as a general guideline: Real Life Comes First.

Its a great opportunity, but it should not interfere with other things time-wise.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#5 HappyLibrary

HappyLibrary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

Ah thanks very much for your reply, as long as I'm not waiting until like next year or whatever for a slot to open. I'd be quite happy to work on the program alongside my uni work, because that would probably help the most (I'm going to do Computer Science). Thanks, I'll keep checking. :thumbsup:

Edited by HappyLibrary, 21 August 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:52 PM

as long as I'm not waiting until like next year or whatever for a slot to open.

This being the middle of August and a current waiting list, it is possible but not probable that it may be next year before those inquiring now do have a chance of getting in. There is no way to tell how quick the current group of trainees moves on before spots open up. This is a self-paced, up to a point, course. So the time frame is dependent on the ones currently training progressing.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 HappyLibrary

HappyLibrary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

as long as I'm not waiting until like next year or whatever for a slot to open.

This being the middle of August and a current waiting list, it is possible but not probable that it may be next year before those inquiring now do have a chance of getting in. There is no way to tell how quick the current group of trainees moves on before spots open up. This is a self-paced, up to a point, course. So the time frame is dependent on the ones currently training progressing.

Ahhh noo, I see. Thanks.

I was going to come back here to post that I've been checking it most days since I posted this, and I was worried I'd missed a chance because I was on holiday, but I just noticed your reply so seems I had nothing to worry about anyway. I guess I'll just have to keep checking and hope that something comes up before I start university, because I am massively freaking out about it haha. Thanks for your help!

Edited by HappyLibrary, 28 August 2010 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users