Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

7 doesn't install drivers for Serial Modem Best Data v.92

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeaL7DA

LeaL7DA

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hi people, recently I install a serial modem "Best Data v.92" in my home machine, 7 detects the modem and it id string V.92 Modem/Fax/Voice... etc but It has no driver for it, then I boot into windows xp sp3 and install the driver in "Add hardware/modems/"
and select v.90 modem, my my main OS right now it's 7? does anyoe know where in the net I can download this drivers?
why in the world xp has drivers and 7 doesn't?

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

It's because the manufacturer didn't make any drivers for Windows 7. Microsoft doesn't make drivers. They merely include the drivers that the manufacturers release. So blame the manufacturer of the modem and not Microsoft. You also need to know that Windows XP is 9 years old. So older legacy hardware will most likely work with it.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

What is the model of the modem?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users