Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online brochure software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 diva80

diva80

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:06 AM

Hi guys,

Hope you can help!

We have a company newsletter which is in PDF format (i think our designers made it in InDesign possibly).

We are wanting to create a link on our website which opens this newsletter in an online format, whereby you can zoom into the page, scroll, and flick pages - without any advertising or gimmicks on the side.

Our website designers first linked our website to issuu but we didn't like the advertising on the side which came with the free version, we couldn't zoom in, and it wasn't even showing properly on some peoples screens. They have now created a flash version which allows you to flick the pages, but there are no buttons to zoom in (unless you right click and then zoom, but we can't assume our website visitors would know to do that) and you cannot scroll through the pages with ease. Ideally I'd like an arrow button which lets you skip through spreads.

I understand issuu have a pro service which is $19 a month, but I just wondered what other options we have, as i'm not sure what other companies are out there. we would like to go with a mainstream reputable company, and we don't mind paying some money for the service, but want to know its something good we're paying for that will achieve our needs with a reasonable price.

Any suggestions would be great!

If you want to visit our website to see what i'm talking about, we are on www.winvic.co.uk and you can access the newsletter through our News section.

Thank you bleepers!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

Hi,

Im a little connfused by your post so excuse me If i repeat some thing you have tried

Have you tried to upload the PDF version and post a link to it so that it will show up in adobe when you click it? This way it will view in adobe reader where you can then zoom in and out, Im not sure about the flicking pages. And the newsletter you have now does not display right. You have to remember to format for all screen sizes and resolutions. :thumbsup: Hope this helps.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 diva80

diva80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

hiya

we'd rather it not come in pdf, but as a magazine style you can view online. not sure what our website guys are doing (i don't put the website together myself) but yes, the newsletter as it stands is not working properly at all, which is a little annoying.

an example of what we like is available on the following website, if you go to the website and scroll down to see the digital preview version of this magazine....

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Magazine/

hope that clarifies what we're looking for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users