Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help: Macbook Pro screen went blank!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lexy

Lexy

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:15 AM

Hello,

My Macbook Pro screen just went completely blank; however, the power button is still on.

How would I fix it so that the screen will appear again?

:blink: Also, this is saddening because I am a college student, and I have papers due. Unfortunately, I can't do my homework because the screen isn't working. Is there anyway I can fix this urgently?

Please help! :wacko:...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:57 AM

Blank meaning a white screen? Isn't your Mac still under the one year warranty? Give Apple a call or bring it into a Genius Bar. Making an appointment with the GB would get you faster service. If you don't have Apple Care you might be billed for the call but they would talk you through some troubleshooting steps to get your screen back up and running.
If the graphic processor has failed it is covered under warranty even if the MBP warranty has expired.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377

#3 Lexy

Lexy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

Thanks, I think it might be the graphic processor. The screen is just black, there's no view or anything. :blink:
My MBP is currently out of warranty, so hopefully they will fix it for free if it's the graphic processor. I'm about to give them a call. And, hopefully the repair doesn't take weeks!

#4 Lexy

Lexy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

It's in repair now. It was the graphic processor. I asked Genius Bar if the camera was scrambled due to the graphic processor, and they said that it could be the issue. Luckily, the G.B. replaced my logic board. I'm still waiting for them to send back my computer. Now, I am wondering: Will the camera be clear and not scrambled? Since they claim it's fixed.

However, this baffles me: Does the i-sight camera really appear fuzzy and grainy if the logic board is unworkable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users