Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SP2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 06:08 PM

How can I uninstall SP2? I have gone to Add/Remove Programs Nothing there? When I try to download SP1 from CD or site it will not run, I get an error message saying I have a newer version and it can not download??

Any help would be appreciated,

La Princess

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

Have you tried system restore. When you install SP2, It usually creates a restore point before it installs. Go back to that restore point. I have had to do it twice now on a laptop that refuses to install SP2.

#3 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:49 PM

Yes I have tried that and it wouldn't work. Finally did a system repair, which so far has worked out well...but...I now have another question and it is going to be a "duh" question but it has been a LONG time since I had this problem....Everything is HUGE icons, print, screens...where and how do I adjust the size????

Thank you so much,

La Princess

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

hi, LaPrincess,

I thinkyou want to right-click an open area on your desk top. Choose properties-->Settings and change the screen resolution. :flowers: Edit, I'm sorry, if you have a laptop, navigate to: display properties via control panel. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 08 October 2004 - 11:02 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:05 PM

Oh Thank you so much Phawgg, I sure appreciate it. And no I am sorry, I have a desk top :flowers:

I tried that and I couldn't get it to change :thumbsup: Icouldn't adjust the resolution???

Edited by La Princess, 08 October 2004 - 11:18 PM.

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:26 AM

I recall once having a similar problem, I couldn't change from 800 X 600 up to 1024 X 768. I believe at reload of the OS, I was once at even lower than 800 X 600 before I loaded the VGA driver update, which is now a routine at reloading for me. I have a CD that came with the nVidio platform the mobo uses...but as an alternative, I can visit the manufacturer's site for driver updates. The windows Update site also has as hardware updates, if you choose custom installation not express, any that are detected as needed.

So, check your system & VGA driver updates...having had some variables enter into to picture as a result of your service pack install/uninstall I'd look into it. My driver installs appear in add/remove programs as ones that have "no size", but obviously have some effect. :thumbsup: Do you know kinda what I'm refering to?

I have gone to Add/Remove Programs Nothing there?

You should have. add/remove programs sample image

Edited by phawgg, 09 October 2004 - 12:32 AM.

#7 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:12 AM

I do know what you are referring to and I have got them back to the right size.....whew...they were HUGE. But, now much better.

Thank you so much for the help,

La Princess

#8 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:33 AM

Your entirely welcome, LaPrincess,

I can identify with so many problems, 'cause I've run into so many, :thumbsup:
My problem overall is "I kinda know what I'm refering to, too most of the time" :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users