Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiMalware Doctor & Security Suite

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 duck4life

duck4life

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Hi,

I have tried the posted solution as seen here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...imalware-doctor

However, I was unable to complete the steps. It blocks rkil, iExplore and eXplorer from running. I can see the command prompt window briefly and then it closes and a message pops up saying the application cannot be executed. The file rkill.exe (or whichever I am trying) is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

Naturally, I click no and try again to no avail. I've tried leaving this open when running the app again but this does not work either. I was able to install MalwareBytes but it blocks this from running as well.

I tried opening Task Manager to force quit but it blocks that. Also, tried opening System Restore but that is blocked as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Running Windows 7 64 bit

Oh I also am using a secondary computer as I shut off the wireless adapter on the infected system

EDIT: Posts merged ~BP

EDIT: I was able to run Malwarebytes in Safe Mode. Will update results when scan is finished.

EDIT: This seems to have fixed the problem. This thread can be closed

Edited by duck4life, 20 August 2010 - 12:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

EDIT: This seems to have fixed the problem. This thread can be closed

Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad that your computer problems have been fixed. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom fruits_cherry.gif
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users