Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

replace file error?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randomystique

randomystique

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

nowadays, i always get a weird replace-file-error. It happens like this :

- whenever i try to save a file ( no matter in which app, e.g. photoshop/word/ppt/jpeg ), it tells me the file with that exact filename is already saved in the location, do i want to replace it?

the fact is that the file was saved at the instance when i pressed "Save", then the replace warning dialog pops up. every single time, no exceptions.

what can i do about this? was really hard to google for a solution cos i can't summarize this problem in a few words :/

OT : how do i make a shortcut on my taskbar so that i can access, say, D: ( my 2nd partition ) DIRECTLY? i have disabled libraries, so now my first page is Favorites. i know i can pin it to the "sneak peek" window but that is not what i want to do. i wanna do a direct launch as i did in winxp sp3 last time. is it possible?

--

anyone can help? btw, i also have another problem with regards to popup windows.

see screenshot below :

Posted Image

all the popup windows that open in ANY of my applications is oversized - i can't resize the windows also, so its pretty frustrating - i can't see all of the options. what can i do to restore to normal size?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 randomystique

randomystique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:30 AM

anybody can help?

#3 fueL

fueL

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

What's your screen resolution, for starters?

#4 randomystique

randomystique
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

What's your screen resolution, for starters?

1366x768 on a 14.0" screen. does it matter?

#5 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

Not really sure, but you might check to make sure you system is not infected with malware. Since you have multiple odd problems...

Am I Infected? forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users