Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digial Camera Vivitar Vivicam 35

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chevyman

Chevyman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:13 PM

I just recntly purchased the Vivitar ViviCam 35. After loading the driver software I keep getting a MYDSC2 error, KERNER32.DLL@016f:bff9db61. The web cam works fine, but I am unable to download and snapshots. I have now discovered that the minimun requirements are;

Windows Me/2000/XP
Direct X 8.0 or higher
128 MB RAM
60 MB hard drive space available
CD-ROM drive

Now where was this listed on the packaging when the purchase was made.

I am currently running Windows 98SE. Any ideas about how to make the ViviCam 35 work?

Thanks,
Chevyman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:42 PM

Except for ME do you meet the other requirements?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Chevyman

Chevyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

Except for ME do you meet the other requirements?

all other requirements are met.

Thanks Chevyman

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

Is ViviCam 35 the exact model number? - I had a look on the Vivitar site and they list loads of models with all sorts of combinations of 3's and 5's but no '35' :thumbsup:

Does it use memory cards? - if so you could get a USB card reader and load your images into the PC that way.

If you can use it as a webcam the PC can obviously communicate with the camera, have you tried looking in Windows Explorer for the camera? (it will be listed as another hard drive) double click on it to open the folders (you may have to go down several layers) and you may find your photos there as a list of .jpg or .jpeg files.
If so you can just drag'n'drop them to copy them to a folder on your hard drive - then view them with your favourite imaging software.

If you don't have any imaging software try Irfanview.

hth :flowers:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

Looks like that is a valid model number. Is this it?

Edited by Rimmer, 01 November 2005 - 08:34 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 Chevyman

Chevyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

Looks like that is a valid model number. Is this it?

That is the correct pic of the ViviCam 35. It is fairly new for vivitar. I am not sure what the problem is. I called California and they say it is not compatible with windows 98se. They say I need to purchase ME/2000/XP. I find that hard to believe. I was hoping to find a file or something on the net that would help, any ideas?

Thanks

#7 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:15 PM

Did you try my other suggestions?

#8 Chevyman

Chevyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:50 AM

Did you try my other suggestions?

Tried all your suggestion but still nothing...... Everything is where you said it was but still can't download pictures....

#9 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

So you can see the camera and its contents in Windows Explorer?

What happens when you try to drag'n'drop a photo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users