Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new mobo with no picture.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aprillia99

aprillia99

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

ok well im building a new desktop all the part i am use are new except the mobo was an open box from newegg which they clam was checked to make sure it worked properly

here a link to the mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...ntent-_-text-_-

i have everything install ram,hdd,fans,lights, all good the mobo has no on board video card so i put in and nvidia geforce 6600 gt, a little older of a card, turned it on and got nothing no bio screen no splash screen, just black and the monitor goes un resposive after a few seconds like theres no signal. thinking and hoping it was the video card i went out and bought a new nvidia 8400gs, a cheap 60 dollar card for trouble shooting, installed it turned on and again nothing. i get no beeps, all the lights and fan come on, the only other weird things it the HDD light on the case is red. so thinking that might somehow be a problem i uninstantiated the HDD still nothing. so what does everyone think the mobo is fried? or am i doing something wrong. i know the video card has to be installed but i should get some sort of picture right, or be able to get into safe mode?

ty in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

First thing I would do...is recheck all connections, including the front panel connectors.

You have another system...to check the functionality of parts (PSU, hard drive, etc.) on?

Louis

#3 aprillia99

aprillia99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

no i dont just a really old desktop doesn't have esata or PCIE but all the part im using are brand new OEM expect one HDD, i have checked all the connection multiple times and use 3 different monitors all with different cords. also i have unconnect all the hardware the HDD DVDROM and all external connections and stil nothing.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

I don't see that you checked the front panel connections to the motherboard from the case...or the PSU connections.

As for "new" components...they arrive DOA everyday somewhere in this thing we call a world. That's why manufacturers issue RMAs...things often go wrong.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:03 AM

Hi aprillia99, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Would you please list the components that you use in this build?

What operating system are you using?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users