Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows vista on insprion 1720

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen78

Allen78

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hey there everybody. I have had my inspiron 1720 laptop sents april 2008. I have a new problem where I was trying to install any update and install my new cell phone onto my computer. It said that my cell phone installed fine. When I went to install the system update it went through everything fine untill it it said that it needed to restart the computer to finish. I clicked finish it went through the normal thing of showing the install status then went to vlack screen. Now, I can power up the laptop but thats as far as it will go. It wount start in normal or safe mode. Ive tried both but it always comes back to the screen were it askes if you want to start in safe mode or normal. It just keeps looping around no matter what catogory I choice. Can anyone help my get my laptop going again???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hi, I've put out a call for assistance...be patient :huh:.

Louis

#3 Allen78

Allen78
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

Thanks standing by lol

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

I would suggest you monitor your computer screen for the following words, press XX key to enter setup, what ever key strokes are reflected in that notice, press those key/s

Once you are in the BIOS setup screen, I suggest you look for the main menu directory that tells you which keys to press to navigate through the options.

Look for ones with similar words such as this, LOAD FAIL-SAFE CONFIGURATION or LOAD SYSTEM DEFAULTS, those words will most likely show an F key to press, for example F5.

After doing this, please press your F10 Key, this option saves the changes and exits the utility and reboots the computer.

While you are in the BIOS make sure your primary master shows a hard drive is attached to it.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users