Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speaker system question-Altec Lansing ADA995

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 imitationcoffee

imitationcoffee

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Hey guys, I've been here before and people on here really know their stuff. I have a question about a speaker system I got a few years ago. It still works great and have no issues, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to add manual control to the system. The speaker system is either on or off, no way of changing the volume except through the OS. The system came with my Dell desktop and the keyboard has a wheel manual control. Now I've set up the speakers to both my desktop and my TV/Cable system via a switch. The Cable system volume is a little too loud for some channels, so I was wondering if I could buy a manual control to lower the volume. Thanks ahead if anyone has any ideas.

This is the website for the speaker system.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/acc/ada995/index.htm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

An audio taper stereo potentiometer? :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 JonM33

JonM33

• Banned
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Those were designed for use with a computer at listening levels for computer use. Using them for a HT replacement won't cut it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users